Thanks to the fact that mCourser is a Cloud-based solution it is possible to gather enormous number of data collected from all interactions of Students with the eContent deployed on the platform. Such approach opens completely new possibilities for Educational Publishers.
mCourser collects and stores millions of results of the highly interactive activities solved by thousands of Students every day. Having access to such a huge database of information enables Publishers to use it in a large variety of ways.
First of all Publishers can test and verify the efficiency of the materials that their publishing teams have prepared for each subject, chapter, lesson, page or even a single activity.
By observing how Students are doing with their digital textbooks and tracing:
- how much time they spend solving particular activity,
- how many mistakes they do while interacting with it,
- exactly what type of mistakes they make,
- how many times they ask the system for a hint or to show the correct answer.
Publishers or editors responsible for creation of their digital textbooks can assess:
- if their materials clearly and effectively present the concepts and ideas that they were created for,
- how difficult it is for Students to understand the concepts presented,
- what particular part of the electronic page or activity creates a problem for them or which one is not challenging enough.
Having all this information, publishers and editors can constantly improve the quality of their electronic textbooks. Therefore, instead of waiting for the next edition of the paper based textbook, they can do all corrections and improvements practically in real time by simply updating the eContent.
Moreover, access to such a huge information allows Publishers to make variety of statistical analyses in different segments and groups and check for example what are the differences between Students in different locations, large towns vs. villages, or between Students of particular background, skills, abilities or even disorders. Knowing this, Publishers may prepare their materials accordingly or even approach next “BIG THING” in modern, digital education – ADAPTIVE LEARNING.
(Click here if you want to learn What is Adaptive Learning)
IN ORDER TO ACHIEVE THE ABOVE MENTIONED POSSIBILITIES IT IS NECESSARY TO HAVE A PERFECT MATCH OF AN LMS AND HIGHLY INTERACTIVE E-CONTENT. THE COMBINATION OF THE mCourser eLearning Platform WITH eCONTENT CREATED WITH THE mAuthor ePublishing Development Platform OFFERS ALL THE ABOVE CAPABILITIES.