Covid-19 Response Champions – International Initiatives
The jury of BETT Awards, the world’s most prestigious educational competition, announced the finalists and winners of the special category – “Covid-19 Response Champions – International Initiatives”. Its aim was to select the most interesting educational initiatives in response to school closures during epidemiological threat.
Not only description of the initiatives can be found on the website of the competition organisers, but also a video presenting each of the six best entries honored by the Jury of BETT Awards 2021. It is a real inspiration for educational and e-learning publishers, school aid manufacturers and other companies from the EdTech industry searching for ideas to adapt their measures regarding the implementation of distance and hybrid learning during school closures. We present the finalists of the competition below (click to watch video submissions).
- Arduino Education, Italy
- Carolina Biological Supply Co, USA
- ICEP Europe, Ireland
- Learnetic SA, Poland
- Light Art Club, Kenya
- VISANG EDUCATION Inc., Korea
The Jury decided to award two initiatives. The first prize went to the Light Art Club from Kenya. It brought together artists who have created murals seeking to educate people about the coronavirus in poorer regions of the country. The drawings presented how to take care of hygiene and maintain social distance.
The special distinction with the “Highly Commended” title was awarded to Learnetic SA. During the school closures Learnetic:
- coordinated the initiative of publishing free e-textbooks of various publishers and educational companies for the time of school lockdown,
- created a series of e-conferences and webinars concerning the topics of distance education, e.g. about students with special educational needs, which in 3 months attracted over 40,000 teachers,
- created interactive materials that were presented in an educational program on TV, and subsequently uploaded them on an educational platform for free (the students could do exercises simultaneously with the TV program),
- shared a free authoring tool for creating interactive e-lessons, thanks to which teachers were able to create over 1,500 engaging e-lessons on different topics and share them with other teachers,
- successfully hosted the largest national school competition on a Learnetic LMS platform, thanks to which the preparations of nearly 250,000 students have not gone down the drain!
- organized a variety of other actions discussed here (click).
If you are searching for ready, proven solutions we invite you to contact us via the form below. Learnetic solutions are used by the leading publishers and educational companies from around the world, including Pearson, Klett, NetDragon, Porto Editora, Hachette Antoine and many others. We will be pleased to create an LMS or fully digital e-textbooks for you.